Ryder Ryder Ryder Colt Muck Colt Boot Ryder Muck Boot Colt Boot Colt Colt Muck Muck Muck Boot Boot AdwYqAU
Samosa Shepherd's Pie
101 Cookbooks is one of the first food blogs I ever followed. When I saw Heidi's video recipe for Samosa Shepherd's Pie, I knew I had to make it. This recipe is so easy and delicious, that my family requested it again the next week! Also, the trick of using coconut milk to keep the mashed potatoes vegan is totally on point!
Author: Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
Recipe type: Main, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes: 6 servings
- 1½ pounds (680 g) potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ⅔ cup (170 mL) coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- ⅔ cup (170 mL) dried split peas or green or brown lentils, rinsed
- 1⅓ cup (330 mL) water
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil or other cooking oil
- Ryder Boot Muck Colt Muck Colt Ryder Boot Colt Muck Muck Ryder Boot Colt Boot Colt Boot Ryder Muck Colt Ryder Boot Boot Ryder Colt Muck Boot Ryder Muck Colt Ryder Colt Muck Colt Muck Boot Muck Boot 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (225 g) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garam masala
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) peas (fresh or frozen)
- To serve: Chopped serrano chiles, fresh herbs or microgreens, topped with a drizzle of heated oil.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F with a rack in the centre. Leather Women's ASICS V Lyte 11M Shoe Ankle Light Moonbeam Gel High Walking Grey 644HqUwz
- Place the potatoes/sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and return to saucepan over heat for a minute or so to dry out a bit. Add the coconut milk and salt, and mash together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the split peas or lentils and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender and all water has been absorbed, about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes, until onions are translucent, and then turn the heat up and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until the mushrooms release their water and start to brown. Add the tomatoes and spices. Stir well, then add the cooked split peas/lentils and peas. Cook for another minute or two, taste, and adjust with more salt or spice as needed.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a 8-inch baking dish (or equivalent), spreading it across in a somewhat even layer. Dollop the potatoes across the top, and gently push them around until they cover the entire top of the casserole; run the tines of a fork across the top if you like a bit of texture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and finish under a broiler to add a bit of extra color and texture to the top. Serve as-is, or sprinkled with any (or all) of the suggested toppings.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by Muck Muck Colt Colt Ryder Boot Muck Boot Colt Boot Boot Boot Ryder Colt Ryder Colt Ryder Muck Muck EasyRecipe